Rayburn plumed into vented hot water tank | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rayburn plumed into vented hot water tank in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,
I have a rayburn 212 that I have plumbed into a vented hot water tank as far as I am aware I do not have to vent the rayburn as the tank is vented, is this correct.
attached Is an image of the tank and a very basic schematic, fig 1 is how I have it plumed fig 2 is how I would plumb if the stove should have its own vent

Attachments

• 20230520_073423.jpg
    20230520_073423.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 20230520_080152.jpg
    20230520_080152.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 30
You show a primary flow and return from the Rayburn into the cylinder but the schematic doesn’t appear to show any manufacturer in and outlet. It looks like the manufacturers drawing is for a direct version of the cylinder and not an indirect cylinder which you appear to be setting up. What temperature controls and safety valves are being used? It initially looks like it’s got the potential for overheating and over-pressurisation. I might be missing something but it looks very wrong.

This is probibaly a better diagram of the cylinder, The combustion stove is direct heating the water in the cylinder and the potable water is pumped through as a heat exchange, so the cylinder is open vented and the stove is connected to the open vented section of the cylinder

Attachments

• 20230520_204244.jpg
    20230520_204244.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 25

Similar plumbing topics

A
  • Question
They generally have the same size thread. 3/4"...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the replies. The 15mm pipe teed off...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Hi if you have a expansion pipe if must...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The most likely explanation for what you are...
Replies
Views
Back