re-central heating installation. | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss re-central heating installation. in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toshlink

I plan to have installed a new heating system.baxi main 30 kw boiler,10 radiators+valves,wirelesss room stst/programmer,magna clean,new 3 metre length gas supply 22mm.The existing fire/back boiler,hot water cylinder needs de-commisioning also.The house is semi detatched,10 metres in length x 5 metres wide.what would be a reasonable ball-park cost for this job.i know surveys are necessary,but a rough guestimate would be appreciated.Thank-you.

Get 3 or 4 estimates from local engineers, make sure they are gas safe registered and go from there.

Too many variables for an instant estimate on the net.

hi welcome to the forum really depends where you stay

Thanks steven

Impossible to quote for a job without seeing it. As has been said, just get about 3 quotes from local engineers/business' and this will be the only way to find out.

Impossible to quote for a job without seeing it. As has been said, just get about 3 quotes from local engineers/business' and this will be the only way to find out.

as i have said i know surveys are necessary for a quote ,but surely someone must have an idea of+/- £750-£1000.

At the end of the day you get what you pay for.. Remember the famous saying

" you pay peanuts, you get your gas run in hep"

Get 3 or 4 quotes mate, then come back and ask our opinions on what you've been offered. Ask your friends and family who they use.

i am assuming you propose to supply all materials? If you could get a local engineer to agree to this arangement then £800 is about right for labour only. Issues start however when some thing is missed from the spec/what you need to supply arguments can start. It is better to get a full quote imho, saves potential arguments.

Why not post here and see if anyone local can give you a quote
[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Mr Speaker: I'm tempted to draught a sarcastic...
Replies
Views
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
K
Do NOT take the boiler casing off. You need...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
H
Thank you. Appreciated. I've had a reply from...
Replies
Views
HowardML
H
Back