Re commissioning a boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Re commissioning a boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

1alexmc

Hi, lately ive had a couple of calls from prospective customers who are moving house and the estate agent has told them that the boiler needs 're-commissioning'

Now i spoke to a couple of people about it and couldnt get a straight answer, the estate agents wouldnt accept a cp12 and i couldnt get a straight answer out of them as to what cert they wanted so are these appliances fitted and not commissioned or is there a 're-commission' certificate or appliance safety certificate that i dont know about?

any help appreciated,

thanks

I'm guessing that the boilers haven't been fitted by a regsitered installer and that the Benchmark is blank. If I were you I would politely tell them that you won't commission other peoples work, but would be prepared to do a CP12.

def sounds as if the letting agent is trying to pull a fast one, new boiler fitted by chancer, cheaply, get RGI in to re-commission, get a cert and job is legitimate, check one of them out and get the serial number of the boiler, check with manufacturer and i bet they say it is brand new, find a fault on the job (not too difficult i bet) cap gas and write RIDDOR if poss

read thegas safe notes on this situation, they indicate that you must check everything inc all pipework supplying gas to appliance which can be hard if its buried, but not your problem. Means a job like that could be a good earner but you have to be really concientious in carrying out the work, to cover you rear, still not you fault is it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Still got the leak when checked after he left...
Replies
Views
My mother has a rented-out property at the...
Replies
Views
If you time the hot water to reheat when no...
Replies
Views
Back