Re Condensing boiler | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Re Condensing boiler in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi
Just wondering if anyone can help? I moved into a new build several years back and have noticed that every time I empty dishwater into my sink the boiler (in my kitchen) makes a gurgling noise. The sink waste and the boiler overflow both run into the soil pipe! Is this anything to get concerned about? All answers appreciated
Many thanks
Anthony

Ideally need an aav on the boiler pipe as the gurgling you hear is a vacuum sucking the water out of the boiler trap

Or the boiler condense piping in different

Is your dishwasher hose connected into the waste pipe after the sink trap?
As per Shaun, or alternatively an AAV waste might do it:
IMG_0736.jpeg

OK. Sorry my mistake. I read your "dishwater" as "dishwasher" - just me not paying attention!
Your washing machine is plumbed in correctly.
So the woosh of water when you empty the sink, or pour something down it, is sucking air through the boiler condensate trap.
If you were to replace the trap in you photo with the equivalent AAV version, that might stop the gurgling.
IMG_0737.jpeg

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I have a condensing boiler in my kitchen and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yeah If its slow draining it creates a back...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Having thought about it i'm sure there is a...
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
I doubt it’s pressure and more of a flow...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back