Re-Route Vent for soil stack | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Re-Route Vent for soil stack in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oyeomans

I am currently planning a new bathroom suite at home and currently have the soil stack running inside the bathroom up through the loft to vent outside. What I am thinking of doing is cutting the soil stack inside the bathroom and then run it through the wall to outside and then up the wall so that it can vent that way. This is so that I can put fitted units in and will be hiding whats left of the pipe inside at the back of one of the units. There will be no other wet inlets above the point where I am cutting, can anyone think of a reason why I can't do this or think of a better way.

Hi That will be fine. But the vent needs to terminate 900mm above any openings to the building (window etc) and or 3m away (Horizontal) from openings. It can be run in 75 mm if required. But many use air admittance valves which if within compliance can be housed at high level in the units you mention. Good Luck

Thanks for that. thought you could only use air admittance valve on a sub stack though. I dont fancy using one anyway, think I would rather just drill a big hole and be done with it, 75mm sounds a lot easier hole to drill though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No problem with the 900mm from openings as it...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I think its a case of stick with the...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Yes it’s doable but I suspect it wouldn’t be...
Replies
Views
Hi Steve, Thanks for posting. Could you post...
Replies
Views
Back