Re-routing flue due to conservatory advice please | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Re-routing flue due to conservatory advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fairydust2012

I have a saunier duval - Semia Condens F30 E boiler which was fitted in 2009. I am planning on having a conservatory done by a builder friend, but the boiler flue exits the kitchen wall straight into where would be the conservatory.

I thought we could re-route the flue horizontally along the kitchen ceiling and out, but due to the number of 90 degree elbows needed it would be too long to do this.....so next idea is whether we can re-route the flue within the conservatory, so on exiting the wall, fit a 90 degree elbow and route the flue straight out of the conservatory roof. (roof is the plastic sort not glass).

obviously this will be done by a plumber, but is this possible at all? Ive been trying to ring manufacturer but cannot get through. Would this be classed as a horizontal flue as it goes horizontally through the wall first, or a vertical flue???#

How much do u think would be looking at price wise

thanks very much!!!

Welcome. Get a GSR around to advise on the best possible work around.

it can be done you need a vertical flue and extra flue and bends it needs to be a certain distance from walls and windows which is stated in the manufacturers instructions

as suggested get a gas safe registered engineer to take a look and advise you.

thanks for your help. its my uncle who will be doing the work, he is a gas safe registered plumber, he just didnt have time to come up at the moment and explained me to look in the instructions re: the length of the flue etc.

I needed the flue to go 2 metres along the kitchen ceiling and then out again, but the instructions say maimum length of 3m, which should then be reduced by 1m for every elbow, to which i think we would need 2 of so would be too short.

its going to be a stuggle if the max length is on 3m, can you move the boiler?

its going to be a stuggle if the max length is on 3m, can you move the boiler?

Its maximum of 3m for horizontal flue and 4m for vertical......but if i go through the roof its going to be both horizontal and vertical so how does that work??

Trying to do it this way to save costs but moving boiler may have to be only option

Don't bother moving it. It would be as cheap to fit a GOOD boiler, with sensible flue lengths and elongate the flue, when you consider the amount of labour involved in moving all the services for boiler.

3m max flue length? That's the shortest I've ever heard of.

its a new build so they probably gone for cheap in bulk! Thanks

Most boilers are capable of taking 10m+ flue lengths, so I'd probably get it swapped. Most have good warranties too, 5yrs plus in many cases

So do u think its not possible to take it out through conservatory roof?

Could u please give me an idea cost wise on a) moving boiler and b) replacing n extending flue??

Thanks!

So do u think its not possible to take it out through conservatory roof?

Could u please give me an idea cost wise on a) moving boiler and b) replacing n extending flue??

Thanks!

Can't see how that would be an option considering clearances from walls, windows etc, and the fact that a conservatory is glass with no surface you can clip to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I took those photos! Looks like the only...
Replies
Views
Thank you for responding Chuck, I have booked...
Replies
Views
In principle it's should not drip but in...
Replies
Views
This seems like a learning curve for me...
Replies
Views
Your choice really mate the steam will affect...
Replies
Views
Back