really need help on this fire! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss really need help on this fire! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

fitted an oxy-pilot on this fire back in march and the fire wont light again!
supplied and fitted a new one and the fire still wont hold flame?

the customer is giving me some real verbals for a job we did for free as part of a bigger job (only charged part price, you learn:yesnod:) now he said he's going to trading standards as he stood there shouting at me saying i am incompetent (probably) .lol.
that dont bother me as the guys a tw4t and in the process of me telling him to do one as he is complaining of a free job!!!!, what does is the fact that either i have been supplied another faulty part or i am completly missing some thing!

the fire lights but then drops after lever is released, gas is good etc classic thermo prob:mad2:

the fire is a valor visage2 http://www.valorfireplaces.com/media/pdfs/archive/722parts.pdf
fitted 2 oxys and jumped the interuptor with no joy.

what is it?
sanity needs resuming:willy_nilly:
thanks.

If any customer even raised has voice to me let alone shouted at me thats .... THE END !!!

As for the fire , personally I dont do many ,but once had somthing similar and ended up changing the complete gas control , there was the slightest , and I mean slightest wiff of gas ( 4 others in the house couldnt smell it ) the fire was just out of warrenty so due to the smell of gas I conned the manufacturer out of a new one.

does it have the ignition on a slider at the side of the fire?

I once had a similar job, replaced oxy assembly & thermo & it would still drop out on lighting... Phoned technical & they said to give a good firm press down before releasing button & it stayed lit!!!

Checked the user guide & it did indeed say give firm press on lever before releasing, it apparently helped the thermo latch or something...!

Does the flue pull well?
Have you cleaned the injector?
Tbh, your not going to get paid anyway, so tell him your not to be spoken to like that. And tell him never to contact you again.
He can't take you to trading standards for somthing you did for free, that worked for a while.

Does the flue pull well?
Tbh, your not going to get paid anyway, so tell him your not to be spoken to like that. And tell him never to contact you again.
He can't take you to trading standards for somthing you did for free, that worked for a while.

Agreed, sounds like a nightmare customer that no one wants.

I once had a similar job, replaced oxy assembly & thermo & it would still drop out on lighting... Phoned technical & they said to give a good firm press down before releasing button & it stayed lit!!!

Checked the user guide & it did indeed say give firm press on lever before releasing, it apparently helped the thermo latch or something...!

yes, its the one with the slider on right front. tried it at the valve though, didnt work.
wondering if its the gas valve?

Does the flue pull well?
all checks are fine.
stuck sucking my tongue at the moment as its a customer of one of my best contracts!! just dropped them an email about it.

wonder if thats why they broke the plastic knob, i wouldnt know to press it hard would i?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm1

It sounds like the electro magnetic side rather that the pilot/thermocouple.

New valve assembly needed.

It sounds like the electro magnetic side rather that the pilot/thermocouple.

New valve assembly needed.
if its not me pushing down hard enough then i tought it could only be complete gas valve assembly! he dosnt expect to pay any more than the £55 for the plastic handle + fitting.lol
btw, i jumped out the interrupter (removed, connect direct) and was still the same!

Geez, you can do without him !

It cost what it costs. Not your fault. The valve can be weak and a new thermocouple/pilot can have a stronger voltage that can be enough to hold it in. Once they weaken a little, then you're back to where you were in March. It drops out. It's not always that obvious tbh.
I'd tell him straight if he wants it fixing and charge him too.

At the end of the day, you didn't design it or manufacture it. You're just doing your best with a faulty part.

Geez, you can do without him !

It cost what it costs. Not your fault. The valve can be weak and a new thermocouple/pilot can have a stronger voltage that can be enough to hold it in. Once they weaken a little, then you're back to where you were in March. It drops out. It's not always that obvious tbh.
I'd tell him straight if he wants it fixing and charge him too.

At the end of the day, you didn't design it or manufacture it. You're just doing your best with a faulty part.

one of these billionaire customers (who think they are big house n all) think they can run you ragged as they have their own businesses and bully you to perform for free! its the bit when i tell him he may need a new gas valve he started on one and what gets me, the house has been sold!!!

I would guess it's the gas shut off micro switch no15 on the first page if you ain't already checked or changed it

Switch can be tested though if it's got continuity when it should it is working ,out of interest martin,i have worked on lots of valors does it light and pilot establish ok with the fuel bed removed ?

I would guess it's the gas shut off micro switch no15 on the first page if you ain't already checked or changed it
i checked that for continuity then pressed m/s which broke circuit and seems fine

Switch can be tested though if it's got continuity when it should it is working ,out of interest martin,i have worked on lots of valors does it light and pilot establish ok with the fuel bed removed ?
you know what, was going to do that and thought nah, new oxy will work fine so set it all up!
you pointing at infringement? looked fine to me!
pilot and low gas supply flame opens, just wont hold
ta

you know what, was going to do that and thought nah, new oxy will work fine so set it all up!
you pointing at infringement? looked fine to me!
pilot and low gas supply flame opens, just wont hold
ta

coals in slightly he wrong place will starve it of air and curl the flame away from the tip,albeit slightly,seen it before on a valor dream

coals in slightly he wrong place will starve it of air and curl the flame away from the tip,albeit slightly,seen it before on a valor dream

had my head down in there and hits it perfectly. loads of airways around this bed as well.

had my head down in there and hits it perfectly. loads of airways around this bed as well.

i would remove the first row of coals near the fsd and try it ,failing that probably he gas valve

i would remove the first row of coals near the fsd and try it ,failing that probably he gas valve
thanks,
i wont be doing that though!
i officially told the estate agent (my client) that the house owner can feck off and find someone else and pay their bill as i dont work for free for anyone especially assholes ;)

I know you're not doing this now but for future ref.
Light pilot and test thermocouple. If it's good n strong it will definitely be what I said earlier.

Glad you fecked em off. Sounded like a pain in butt

I know you're not doing this now but for future ref.
Light pilot and test thermocouple. If it's good n strong it will definitely be what I said earlier.

Glad you fecked em off. Sounded like a pain in butt
i tested the old one over a cooker and got 21v!!
that the right way to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
R
If it's failed within 12 months I would be...
Replies
Views
Yes, thanks - was thinking something along...
Replies
Views
J
Thanks for that. I understand what you are...
Replies
Views
Johnny8718
J
No probs Rocket.....always happy to help.
Replies
Views
Toxic Ted
T
Back