Recess shower door & tray query | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Recess shower door & tray query in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

I have bought a replacement 1200 shower door & 1200 x 900 tray, ready for a refurb starting soon.

The current door & tray is in a recess, which measures 1200 x 900, but these measurements include the current tiles, which will be replaced. I now see that the new door has a tolerance of 1150-1190 & am concerned it won't be wide enough. I am also concerned the shower tray won't be either, for the tiles to sit on top. I naively thought a 1200 door would be at least 1200 wide, with reduced width tolerances for wonky walls.

I am wondering if it would be easier to look for a door with a minimum 1200 width, rather than packing out walls or sourcing extension profiles, but then what about the tray?

Any input appreciated.

Similar plumbing topics

B
  • Question
Fit the tray against one wall so that the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Perfect. I didn't see this info in the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks very much Ben gee, ill take a look at...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Like I say, you're obviously thinking...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'd use thermopanel tile backer insulation...
Replies
Views
Back