Recommend an external oil boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Recommend an external oil boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fishingscotland

We are installing central heating and will need an external oil boiler in the 20-28kw range. Can anyone recommend a make? We are tempted by the Grant Vortex: does anyone have a view on them? Thanks for your help

As an alternative have you looked at an air source heat pump?
If you have to buy a tank and boiler it is a good alternative.
If its designed and installed correctly.

Worcester 25/32 External are good boilers. Fitted loads and never had problems

Thanks all...thought about an air source heat pump, but it's by the sea, and even the stainless steel rots there.

Worcester sounds good, but I'm sure our pumber would appreciate an easier fit with the Grant.

How does the Grant measure up, in terms of reliability? Any thoughts, anyone? Thanks.

Hi All

I do know grant boilers are stainless especially around condense area, were some other boilers use plated steel, if these take a knock during servicing, corrosion will start.:eek:

Hi motsky,

Welcome to the forum, lets start as we mean to go on, do you seriously expect us to believe you're from West Cork when you didn't mention Firebird??????????

Sorry O.P. a joke among the Irish probably only motsky will get it.

Grant Vortex seven days a week twice on Sunday for me, while you don't hear about it now you will later, the Grant Vortex is one of the easiest condensing oil boilers to service, that as well as one of the highest SEDBUK ratings saves you money in the future.

Another alternative you might consider if you have the room is the Grant Spira wood pellet boiler.

Grant every time for me also.

-edit to add though i gues the OP has already completed the work judging by the date

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
I'm going to go tomorrow to switch it off for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It’s fine that rule was scrapped as you...
Replies
Views
As above wait till commissioned. Ideally find...
Replies
Views
Yes everything worked fine before. Is there a...
Replies
Views
Back