Recommend replacement for Ikon (Glow-worm?) CI80 boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Recommend replacement for Ikon (Glow-worm?) CI80 boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ross666

I wonder if you can help.

I have a 9 year old Ikon CI 80FF which keeps cutting out. I press the reset button but it soon cuts out again.

I've had one chap round to look at it who didn't identify what was causing the over-heating basically was suggesting I replace the boiler.

I intend to have someone else take a look at the fault, but in the meantime can anyone suggest a make and model of boiler if I needed to replace it? I would want a conventional, wall mounted, condensing boiler. My house is a 3 bed semi with lounge and kitchen extensions. Glass full-width patio doors to rear of lounge instead of wall.

From my initial trawl of the internet I've come across the worcester bosch greenstar 24ri ? Does this type of boiler seem suitable? Any pros/cons or better alternatives.

Is there any other info I could supply which would assist in a recommendation.

Thanks.

My personal preference is Intergas but other people will have their own. 24Kw sounds a bit on the high side for a 3 bed semi, even with extensions. Get whoever prices up a replacement to size the boiler properly as oversizing a modern boiler means it will not work as efficiently.

My house is a 3 bed semi with lounge and kitchen extensions. Glass full-width patio doors to rear of lounge instead of wall.

From my initial trawl of the internet I've come across the worcester bosch greenstar 24ri?
Instead of guessing, use the Whole House Boiler Size Calculator. If you have a large amount of glass, you should measure it and input the actual window/door area and not rely on their estimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A decent water pressure and flow will be...
Replies
Views
You’d be better speaking to your installer...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi - I found the fault. There are two actuator...
Replies
Views
Are you in a hard water area? Limescale in...
Replies
Views
He advised someone to link out an APS on a gas...
Replies
Views
Back