Recommendations for a new combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Recommendations for a new combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neednewboiler

Looking for recommendations on what combi boiler to get to replace a standard hot water tank and boiler (almost 30 yrs old)

Have had some plumbers come out and recommend

• Worcester Bosch Greenstar 38 CDI Classic combination
  • Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 837
  • Baxi Ecoblue Advance 40kW

Grateful for advice on which one of these is likely to be the best in terms of longevity as I dont want it to be braking down all the time even when in warranty or fail straight after the warranty period.

Or any others that it would be worth looking at additional to those above?

I am told that they all have 10 yr warranties (from the 1st July anyway).

Thanks!

Baxi duotec hea 7 year warranty . Tried and tested and Cheaper

I would take either of those recommendations.

Go with the Plumber that you think is the most suitable to your requirements and go with the boiler that you feel most comfortable with the warranty.

You can buy the most expensive boiler and it can turn out to be lemon and, vice versa, you can buy the cheapest boiler available and it will last 15 years without a problem.

Why don't you try and find a boiler that the spare parts are reasonably priced.
That's one thing I look for when choosing which boilers I am going to install over the next period.

To be honest I dont really mind about the cost just want something that will last past the warranty period!

Hmm might lean towards the Vailliant then as heard they are quite reliable and have a better heat exchanger?

All of the boiler's you have mentioned do and many others you have not mentioned also do.

The manufacturer supplies that warranty on their product - not the Plumber.

As long as the boiler is installed to the MI's then the warranty is covered by the manufacturer.
As long as you use a Plumber that knows the boiler they are installing, then the manufacturer will not jib you on the warranty claims ( if any)

Worcester Bosch has a 5 year guarantee as standard, possibly 8 with approved installer not sure about 10 but there always changing so maybe!

I would go Worcester as they offer the best care whilst the boiler is under warranty, no hassle straight out come & repair free of charge... Some other manufactures offer what looks like a good guarantee but will not warrant it, some take money up front over the phone in case it's not a boiler fault, some will take a water sample & say the boilers water is dirty... That's why I like Worcester, no messing!

As said above choose the plumber you think will do the best job etc, make sure it's powerflushed to give it the best chance & maybe even install a magnet filter!

Most warranties only as good as the quality of the system water.I can see many get out clauses with long warranties

Ideal vogue 40kw, 10 year warranty. I used to be a big worcester Bosch man but the vogue blows Worcesters best out of the water ,

Have your water flow rates been checked?
Pointless having a high output combi if you have dont have the water to heat.

Ideal vogue and viessmann wipe the floor with the rubbish u suggested. I'm a Baxi fan but eco blue is P I S H

I got a 10/11 year old saunier duval in my place, cheapest one at the time, only had to replace the filling valve to date and fill the expn vessel once, probably go bang now to spite me :)

ive installed the vaillant 837 in my own house. I really like vaillant and enjoy working on them (bias as i own one but a superb boiler) on all the above please ensure the installer correctly sizes the gas pipework as they are quite meaty domestic appliances

I may be able to recommend an Intergas in a couple of weeks time,haven't fitted one myself yet, but heard good reports.....................:grin:

Personally I would fit a vaillant. IMO they are the most reliable, easiest to work on from an engineers perspective and have the best customer service. Also if you live in a hard water area the plated heat exchangers will not scale up any where near as quick as some of the other brands you mention.

Personally I would fit a vaillant. IMO they are the most reliable, easiest to work on from an engineers perspective and have the best customer service. Also if you live in a hard water area the plated heat exchangers will not scale up any where near as quick as some of the other brands you mention.

Plate hex on an intergas combi will never block, there isnt one :)

If the boiler is 30 years old how old are the radiators and pipework?

I would be more inclined to go for a full central heating system if your rads are 30 years old as they will probably be past there best.

Also why are you going for such a big combi? I can't see the point in fitting a 40kw combi as most of the houses people want them a cylinder or unvented would more suit there needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
I also thought it was 10:1, for the 4000 and...
Replies
Views
That's a little unfair I think. I'm very...
Replies
Views
The 600's seem quite good and not had a...
Replies
Views
Close. In fact, you need a plumber who is...
Replies
Views
Back