Recommendations for new boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Recommendations for new boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bobbymac

Hi,

We have a Keston C40, very unreliable and expensive!

After spending at least 5 days in the worst freezing weather last December with no heating, we would like to change our boiler to something super reliable.

We have a 5 bed/4 bathroom detached house - what would you recommend?

Thanks

Bob

35kW Viessmann combi, 5 year guarantee,

Thanks Alpha man. Unfortunately we need a system boiler to replace existing. Would a Veissmann model do the job?

I've found Remeha boilers very reliable, they do a system boiler.
Makesure what ever the boiler you fit, the installer does a good job of flushing the system & preferably the condensate drain is run inside, or enlarged & well lagged/insulated if outside.
Service the boiler every year to keep your warranty. If not looked after the burner seals on any boiler could go & cause alot problems & expense, as the manufactures would probaly walk away.

Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30 CDI,
if install by me 5 years warranty
I travel From London -to 100mile max

Some one will post later Baxi :) :) :) :)

Baxi 105e:p

Only joking I'd go vaillant everytime. Plus they are alot easier to work on than a worcester

have to agree stay well away from Bosch woster they are a pain to service a real pain & the Viessmann is Ohh yes .
Its a dream stainless steel self cleaning & 5 year parts and labour just a shame your probably not near Burnley or Bury etc I would fit it for you .
Second choice Vaillant get the cheaper pro & pay £200 for 5 year parts & labour or buy the viessmann & its free but I think you need a viessmann acredited engineer but some one said they dropped that but cant confirm it .
[email protected]

and who would that be then??????:):):):)
baxi duotec system 33 he,tougher than a worcester or vailent

Thank you and I would like to apologise !
Becouse I have also interesting articles on my site where the reader can find useful information therefore enclosed link.
But as you wish Kind regards

we would like to change our boiler to something super reliable.

A bit of a contradiction in terms these days i'm afraid. Pay your money take your chance. They all break down at some point and cost money to maintain. Some just more than others. Keeps the economy running tho ;)

You can still fit these which is as near as you can get to your needs these days but you need to get up at 6 every morning ;):)
Triple Pass Solid Fuel Back Boiler | grantengineering.ie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
I'm sorry it's been difficult reading. Is this...
Replies
Views
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
It's not impossible but I doubt that the...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Back