Recommended combi boilers? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Recommended combi boilers? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Katia

Hi all just after some help and advice on a new boiler. Our old Ariston combi has failed and rather than pay to fix we have decided to replace it. We have a 2 bed semi with 1 bathroom. Our plumber has recommended a 24kw Main boiler but a plumber friend has also recommended a Biasi, but we're also considering if paying extra for a Worcester or Vaillant would be worth it?

I've done some hunting on the internet but have found conflicting reviews of each and now I'm totally confused! The only thing I know I want is a stainless steel heat exchanger. Would be interested to hear of your experiences or any advice you can offer-obviously everyone has their favourites but just looking for a reliable, efficient boiler.

Thanks in advance!

Intergas should be considered. Do a bit of research as it will cost a bit of money and is a long term investment.

the main is a decent budget boiler, biasi is a turd. You will get these recommendations so the installer can keep the price down with you thinking your getting a bargain.

Out of the two you mentioned id go for main, dont touch biasi. Intergas would be the best option

Main main main main main main main, did I mention main? I fit these week in week out, fantastic boilers

But it'll be a main 25 Eco elite.

Worcester are the best. Forget intergas, its just an expensive ferroli.

the main is a decent budget boiler, biasi is a turd.

Colourfully put, but pretty accurate.

If you are going for a budget option, have the Main, and pay the £99 to upgrade the warranty to 5 years, or an Ideal Independent +.

Some mid-range options with longer warranties out of the box:

Ideal Logic + (make sure it has the "plus") for five year warranty. Or Baxi Duotec HE A now with a 7 year warranty. Glowworm have some interesting deals on very long warranties, but be careful of the small print.

If you are going to pay for a better boiler, don't muck about with the cheap Worcesters or Vaillants - go all the way to a CDi (Worcester) or Ecotec Plus 831 (Vaillant).

I can't comment on the Intergas as I have never sold them, but they get good reviews on here.

Vaillant all the way ,however any of the above would be an improvement on the ariston ......my pet hate boilers

Vaillant ecotech plus with a seven year guarantee if your engineers on the approved installer scheme

^ what he said as first choice or if money is tight go for the potterton Gold.

Pipefitter not all aristons are crap I have a 1/3 of my flats that still have the microgenus combis still going strong.Lovely hassle free boilers

Worcester greenstar 28i. The only difference it and the cdi is you dont have a hot water control temp knob a modulating pump and its not constantly in condesing mode (not that you wouldnt know it)

worcester bosch all the way, not had to go back to one yet, ( shoot me down now )

I can't comment on the Intergas as I have never sold them, but they get good reviews on here.
Bout time you had a chat with Intergas ray, you may be pleasantly surprised, they started with independants only but have moved on to the bigger guys now as well. I would be interested in your opinion of them once youve seen them, my independants like them over other makes now.

Worcester greenstar 28i. The only difference it and the cdi is you dont have a hot water control temp knob a modulating pump and its not constantly in condesing mode (not that you wouldnt know it)

In other words, its crap. For less money you can get a decent boiler you can control.

And I don't know who your plumber "friend" is OP. But I have to question his sanity, and how good a friend he is if he's recommending Biasi.

Why do you want a stainless heatex?

I fix boilers. I see more Biasi boilers than any other brand. I have a Vaillant in my own house and a WB in my brothers. Both boilers have never broken down. Mine is a 837 been in 5 years. My brothers is a 24i junior been in 6 years. Can't comment on intergas as only seen one in my life.

I'm interested in getting an Intergas 36/30 after seeing good reviews. I'm in Kensington W.London, so can I assume there will be a few plumbers fitting them locally? I intend to put it in the bathroom, but obviously outside bath area - any comments on that? No room in the kitchen and small flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All. The pump was disconnected and...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I'm looking to change our boiler as part...
Replies
Views
Alan Humphrey
A
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Be aware that you’ll likely require a gas pipe...
Replies
Views
oh, i see
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Back