Redshark1 joined to understand water heaters | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Redshark1 joined to understand water heaters in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi I have a small semi-detached and it is heated with a Baxi Baroque in the lounge (nice and hot) and a Baxi Brazillia on the staircase (OK, just takes the chill off).

My water is heated by a Main multipoint gas water heater which has worked superbly. It is probably over ten years old and is now giving me trouble. Everybody who I have asked to service my appliances (every two years) has looked at this and said it needs no maintenance at all but just before Christmas it has blown off its bottom water pipe despite it having a safety device to prevent this.

I have a decent gas man recommended by a friend so I should be OK. He came and refitted the pipe so I have water. The flame was not dying down hence the blown pipe but is doing so now. There is a slight leak and lots of limescale build-up and maybe an O-ring and diaphragm to replace. The temperature of the water is not sufficiently hot now.

The gas man is prepared to come back. Not sure what I should be asking the gas man to do for me but I can afford a new unit. He has said he is prepared to attempt a repair which is encouraging.

I was thinking that a new combi boiler and central heating radiators might be the way to go but my wife thinks we are OK as we are despite her feeling the cold more than me. We are in our mid-fifties both working full-time with low income.

I hope this is interesting and look forward to any thoughts on what I can do thanks.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, We have solar panels for our hot water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Also I don't think he'll be able to get a bit...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Those float valves are easily serviceable and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Please let us know what it turned out to be!
Replies
Views
Back