Reducing maximum pipe length for fittings - 110mm soil pipe | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Reducing maximum pipe length for fittings - 110mm soil pipe in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masood

Hi Gents,

A quick question to which I can't find the answer in any of my reference books or online - I know that for gas supply and flues, each fitting increases the nominal length of the pipe. I also know that for a single WC, the maximum pipe run in 100mm is 6m, with a 1 in 40 fall. What I would like to know is that if there is a 90 degree bend in that pipe, whether I can still run 6m, or is it shortened because of the bend.

Thanks in advance,
Masood

Sorry to jump in on your post masood, I have the same question . I have a toilet flushing into a 90 degree connector running 0.3 m to horizontal 90 straight into a vertical 90 , which drops 0.75m and travels 2m to connect with outside waste stack . I wanted to run soil pipe outside but was not allowed to as it is a listed building .
Another part of the question is would it be beneficial to have a larger slope than 1 in 40 ? I ask as outside cast iron branches run at a slope of about 20 degrees, I thought 1 in 40 was required to ensure solids were flushed away.
Thanks for any help

Thanks Simon. That confirms what I'd concluded -no set reduction in pipe length per fitting, but keep bends radius as big as possible. Appreciate you taking the time to reply and sharing the link! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Do what the rest of us do. Go to you’re local...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
D
oops I didn’t read it properly.
Replies
Views
Thank you
Replies
Views
Thanks yes I've seen that but it doesn't give...
Replies
Views
Back