Referral. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Referral. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Local builder referred me to a customer. Which is wierd when I've worked for customer previously.

Anyway, I digress, he has a leaky shower but only when in use. So I tell him it's either a waste issue or a problem with sealant or tiling/grout.

Give him three different dates and times but all no good. But he would be home after 6, he recieved the usual 'so will I' response.

So it's been about 4 weeks and I had it booked in for Tuesday gone at 4. Tuesday morning just after 9 I get a call from a mate of mine. He had started an oil boiler swap and the lad helping hims brother in law had just died. So dropped everything to go help and sort out. Gets to job and realise I won't make 4 so contacts him to let him know and re-organise for 4 today.

Trapes all the way up there for bang on 4, nobody in. Winker. Waits five minutes, still nothing.

Gets back into town about 4.25, text comes through 'just got in, hope I haven't missed you'.

'Aye you have'.

'Can you come back up'

'Yes, week commencing 11th December as I'm starting an install on Monday for two weeks'.

'But I have had no shower for 4 weeks'

'But I was only a few minutes late I was stuck at work'

'But I was available at 4 on Tuesday and you cancelled'.

'You have nothing for two weeks'

'You missed the appointment.
I have been trying to organise a time to view the issue but you have been unavailable, it can't be a big issue if you are not able to make yourself available.
You could have called to let me know you were going to be late.
My time is just as valuable as yours. Which you will see from the missed appointment invoice I will be sending.
I think you had better find somebody else to tackle the issue.
'.

'But you could have rang me when you found nobody home'.

'Why? I don't need to chase the work. If you don't deem the issue or myself to be important enough for a quick call to say you are running late, then as I said, find somebody else'.

Which was then followed by a call to the builder to cease sending cock jockeys my way.

At least it's nearly the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No, don’t just fix into tiles. Drill 6mm hole...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
Back