Refilling system - Greenstar 4000 | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Refilling system - Greenstar 4000 in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I have a Greenstar 4000 30KW combi boiler, and am planning to partially drain down the system to move a radiator. There is a blue lever ("keyless filling link") underneath for gradually topping up the pressure after bleeding a radiator, but I suspect this would be a very slow way to refill the system after a partial drain down. What is the usual refill procedure on this model?

You use that filling link.

Thanks for replying. So is that how a system is filled initially with this type of boiler - just by holding the lever down as long as necessary?

I've attached a photo taken from underneath the boiler showing the blue lever on the cold mains feed. Out of interest, what is the purpose of the threaded spout hanging down in the black section linking the cold mains feed to the central heating circuit?

Attachments

• blue lever.jpg
    blue lever.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 27
Correct it’s the nrv air gap so might drip a dip or two when filling

Similar plumbing topics

Just changing a radiators over but the...
Replies
Views
Looks like a faulty or incorrect set Automatic...
Replies
Views
D
Ah it's all sealed and can't get in to see the...
Replies
Views
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/drayton-27101sx-3-po...
Replies
Views
Yep, that's what I meant (as per attached...
Replies
Views
Back