Refitting a rad after tiling | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Refitting a rad after tiling in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi there - just some quick advice if possible though I suspect the answer will be a plumber! I have been renovating our ensuite and removed the radiator - copper pipes from wall with standard valves etc, but of course tiling now means the valves no longer line up having added around 6mm. There seems to be no such thing as a flexible valve connector for CH so is the only option here a plumber? I was trying to avoid having to replace the valves so as to not have to drain the entire system so are there any other solutions? Surely this must be a common problem?

Possible solutions:
1. If the radiator is on standard brackets, are these fitted with the long leg out from the wall? If so, turning the brackets so the short leg is out could work.
2. Street elbow soldered onto existing pipe from wall. Other end straight into valve, or with a piece of 15 mm pipe soldered on.
3. Two long end street elbows (e.g. BES 22986) with the elbows cut off, straight part soldered into existing copper with short piece of 15 mm copper soldered over outer end.
4. End of 15 mm in wall expanded with a pipe expander and short length of 15 mm soldered into socket so formed. Special tool required.
5. Mark out where brackets go, use diamond blade on multi-tool to cut tiles out and set brackets into inset so formed. Not recommended as will affect convection of air up back of radiator.

Similar plumbing topics

I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ah -- couldn't see "attach files" on my phone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Awesome, thanks for all the advise
Replies
Views
Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I shall take a look in that case and...
Replies
Views
Back