refrigeration engineer to plumber??? | Find Local Gas Engineers - Post a Job | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss refrigeration engineer to plumber??? in the Find Local Gas Engineers - Post a Job area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rueben2288

Hi guys, im 21 and have recently completed a fast track course for tech cert. 6129 level 2 in basic plumbing skills but like alot others on here am finding it difficult to find a position in the plumbing industry to continue my training. I have found a position however as an apprentice refrigeration engineer and was wondering if it was possible/sensible to train as this and cross over to plumbing after??? is there many similarities between the 2??? my original aim was to end up gas safe registered/ nvq level 3 etc in the next few years so is there a similar type role in the refrigeration trade or can qualifications count in either trade???

this may be a really stupid thing to ask but any feedback would greatly appreciated thanks bob

My best mates a aircon engineer, he does bottle coolers, sprinkler systems too, he makes alot of money from it, if you like it, stick with it.
To answer your original question they are quite different things, daves a very competent aircon engineer, but i had to go and finish his bathroom off for him, basin waste connected in 22m overflow, pan connected straight into 4" soil with no pan connector, braised 12mm refrigeration copper lol!. It will teach you how to use your tools etc and alot of skills will be transferable, but if your training to be an air con engineer, why not become an aircon engineer?. Its your life, do what you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
i wish!.

i have a mate with an air con business earning a fortune. told me to get a gas ticket and he will set me on for £35k pa= im working on it.
another mate of mine wants a fridge engineer for shop maintenance contracts service plus a share option.

wrong place, wrong time lol,

Hi guys, im 21 and have recently completed a fast track course for tech cert. 6129 level 2 in basic plumbing skills but like alot others on here am finding it difficult to find a position in the plumbing industry to continue my training. I have found a position however as an apprentice refrigeration engineer and was wondering if it was possible/sensible to train as this and cross over to plumbing after??? is there many similarities between the 2??? my original aim was to end up gas safe registered/ nvq level 3 etc in the next few years so is there a similar type role in the refrigeration trade or can qualifications count in either trade???

this may be a really stupid thing to ask but any feedback would greatly appreciated thanks bob[/QUO
go for the refridgeration mate doubt if youll need the plumbing i missed the chance years ago to swap over and have regretted it ever since

Hi. With the second mortgages drying up domestic work in domestic plumbing/heating may not be the same again. Commercial has to be maintained. Do the fridge thing. Good Luck

hey thanks for the feedback guys..... I'v ended up finding a plumbing position and the refrigeration engineer position so iv applied for both and just gonna see what happens!!!

nice one mate,

wish there were job offers like that round my way:)

well these are the only two positions available so I better get 1 of them!!!
not really in my area either tho, about 1 1/2 hours travel each ways for both jobs!!! desperate to start work again somewhere tho, I only finished the course 3weeks ago and Im bored stiff already!!!
good luck to you too bud!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I have done the level 2 fast track...
Replies
Views
R
I'd like this conversation to continue to be...
Replies
Views
Which part of derby do you live in? Have you...
Replies
Views
Rckape
R
Back