registering boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss registering boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

do all of you chaps register your boiler installations?.
after reading some threads i couldn't quite determine if ye does or dont's.

there is no requirement to inform gas safe or building control so how many fit, get paid and leave it at that?.:innocent:

also if you do's what is the time frame required to register it afterwards?

I think you've got up to 12 months to register. I can't see the point in not registering unless you're doing a foreigner or not confident in your work and think gas safe might inspect.

I have registered every boiler I have fitted.

I have also registered every boiler, or any appliance that needs notification.
Purely because of paperwork trail, and the tax man etc.
The way I see it, if all the I's are dotted and the t's crossed, no one from hmrc, gas safe, building control, can ever have a comeback on you.

Graham

^^^^^^^

As the above replies, when did notifying become optional?

I always register, and put it on the quote. I think this helps you get the work and gives you an edge on quoting.

Yeah, I register everything, and register unvented cylinders through Gas Safe too.

I resent registering with manufacturers that are going to steal my work in the future, but I even register with them for the warranty.

I may have missed the odd one in the past, and when I heard what Corgi had been up to I was seriously angry. Think I may have skipped a couple for a couple of months after that!! :)

Anyway, registering your installs is one of the things that sets you apart from the cowboys.

^^^^^^^

As the above replies, when did notifying become optional?

well, its something i read that it never has been a requirement to register new installs with gas safe!.
the customer can also do it with lbc if needed.

so i am sitting on 3 thinking 'you doo's you donts?.

agree about the doing it properly but dont like playing mug games..

The Building Regulations in England and Wales make it a legal requirement for the appropriate Local Authority (LA) to
be informed about the installation of a heat producing gas appliance, and any associated heating and hot water
systems installed with the appliance. This includes boilers, water heaters, warm air heaters, gas fires and flued
cookers.
As a Gas Safe registered engineer you are responsible for ensuring the LA is notified. By advising Gas Safe Register
that you have installed a heat producing gas appliance we will inform the relevant LA on your behalf.
Your customer will
then receive a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate which might be needed when the property is sold or
re-mortgaged.
Similar requirements to England and Wales exist in Isle of Man and Guernsey yet there is currently no mandatory
requirement to notify installations in Northern Ireland or Scotland. However, you can still notify the work for your
customer to receive a Declaration of Safety Certificate.

The above is an extract I have copied and pasted from a letter I received from Gas Safe last week.

Last edited:
The Building Regulations in England and Wales make it a legal requirement for the appropriate Local Authority (LA) to
be informed about the installation of a heat producing gas appliance, and any associated heating and hot water
systems installed with the appliance. This includes boilers, water heaters, warm air heaters, gas fires and flued
cookers.
As a Gas Safe registered engineer you are responsible for ensuring the LA is notified. By advising Gas Safe Register
that you have installed a heat producing gas appliance we will inform the relevant LA on your behalf.
Your customer will
then receive a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate which might be needed when the property is sold or
re-mortgaged.
Similar requirements to England and Wales exist in Isle of Man and Guernsey yet there is currently no mandatory
requirement to notify installations in Northern Ireland or Scotland. However, you can still notify the work for your
customer to receive a Declaration of Safety Certificate.

The above is an extract I have copied and pasted from a letter I received from Gas Safe last week.
i really could not care less i registered loads under corgi,the data protection act got totally abused they wrote to many of my custards trying to nick my work how dare they the barstewerds i will take my chances

Problems start when your clients put their house up on the market and need the paper work. Which happened to me, so I had to back date it as far as I could (12 months).

I'd suggest you register them. I totally agree with your setiments though Mark. 100%.

I don't think i have registered more than half a dozen since it started xx years ago but as said it is not a requirement up here. I do if the customer asks otherwise no but it is not an issue up here.

About a year or so after it was introduced i had an argument with the Corgi guy about it during an inspection that went something like this:

Tam you'll need to start registering your jobs.
No.
But you need to! It's now a requirement that you need to comply with.
Is that right? I don't care, i'm still not registering them and you can fxxx off.
Why not?
Because i might as well send the taxman a postcard.
But we would never pass on any details about anything.
Don't talk pish. If the taxman wants to see it he will! I won't be doing it.

And i never have out of some principle thing. If i lived in England i probably would have.

Maybe i should add clairvoyant to my skills :lol:(just common sense really)

It would be preferable to me not registering anything, but whilst being inspected I asked the Gassafe bloke and he said its a legal requirement for me to register them. That's what he's put in my letter so is it a legal requirement or not ??

i have one from social services on file what do you recon?

Since you are in England and it's for them, Yes. Register it.

It would be preferable to me not registering anything, but whilst being inspected I asked the Gassafe bloke and he said its a legal requirement for me to register them. That's what he's put in my letter so is it a legal requirement or not ??

It is not a legal requirement for YOU to register it but down your way it needs to be done. GSR is probably the easiest way.

As we are registered and pay a lot of money to be registered and re-qualify every 5 years.

Why would you not register every gas appliance you install?

Surely it is our responsibility to constantly remind the customers they will receive a certificate from Gas Safe to confirm they have had a professional to install their appliance.

For the sake of a few ££ ?

I fully accept that Corgi tried to steal our customers and am sure they will be gone within 12 months.

The Gas Safe Register current franchise holders are a waste of space, however as members I believe we must try and maintain standards.

Register everything, cover your own arse.

Kev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Back