regular boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss regular boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peteisfishing

Can anyone recommend a decent regular boiler for me? we normally do combis but in the past have fitted a few baxi solo's but on one occassion we had some probs with one cycling. In the end baxi came out and replaced a temp sensor. Thing is we don't want to be putting in a boiler to end up being recalled to it, what are the other regular boiler option that you would suggest we try?
cheers

hi im a breakdown /service engineer and the one i like is the ideal logic heat only abit long as they use the combi case but a good strong boiler,have had some probs with baxi solo boilers,the worcester ri is also good but needs pump overrun hope it helps

The customer wants a WB 15 Ri, in fact he has just sourced one!!! he got it for a good price though, i understand that this one requires a pump overrun, how would this be achieved? i take it i will have to alter the wiring, currently he has a bog standard honeywell programmer on an s plan system,
Thanks for the replies

before admitting you like ideal,do a search on here the icos was a heap but i agree so is the solo

hi the pump l,n,e, needs to wire directly to boiler there are terminals marked st2 on board hope this helps

hi iagree the isar was a heap,icos not so bad but new logic is a nice bit of kit can you tell i work for the factory

Cheers Robby1, i take the remainder of the wiring stays the same or does this need fettling as well?

most service engineers for ideal admit there boilers are not great, they made one great move by making there boilers fit kitchen cubs tho, sold loads to new build market. I have no experience with the new range tho but have heard good reports from engineers i know that have installed them.

hi yes the rest of wireing stays the same just wire pump to boiler and a switched live from wirecenter to boiler i always use a 4core cable ST2 on board is from left pump live,pump neutral,boiler switched live, and earth to earth cheers

give the logic heat and logic combi a go nice to fit and ive not had many faults,wireing easy,logic plus combi even tells you to bleed the rads and 5 yr warranty parts and labour, fit and forget

give the logic heat and logic combi a go nice to fit and ive not had many faults,wireing easy,logic plus combi even tells you to bleed the rads and 5 yr warranty parts and labour, fit and forget

i might need to buy a new axe:rolleyes::rolleyes:;):D:D

I have fitted around 20-25 of the Logic + boilers, with their wireless stat, not had a problem yet........yet!!!!!!!!. Must admit customers always happy with the results, no i don't work for Ideal!!

I have fitted around 20-25 of the Logic + boilers, with their wireless stat, not had a problem yet........yet!!!!!!!!. Must admit customers always happy with the results, no i don't work for Ideal!!

cant be any worst than a solo

Robby1, if i put a switched live to boiler won't this prevent the over run when demand has stopped? should it not be a permanent live???? or am i being thick??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You seem to have an understanding of what...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Under the Energy Price Cap rates from 1...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
Back