Regulations regarding pipes through external walls | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Regulations regarding pipes through external walls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

centralheatking

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
This is a specific question. We all know that gas supply MUST be sleeved when passing thro walls esp external brick block etc. Boiler flues are ok because the outside air always is around the outside
of the nasty gas output.
Now what is the situation regarding
1. Condensate outflow ...as it is regarded as part of the flue ? should it also be sleeved ?
2. The blow off terminal from the prv on a sealed system ...must this be sleeved as well ?

My books are a bit outdated so maybe you fellas can update me please ...have a good weekend
Rob Foster aka centralheatking....

Overflow for condensate should be upsized before it goes outside
I don’t believe there any regs to say it must then be sleeved
Or that 15mm copper for a PRV or outside tap must be sleeved

Probably good practice to sleeve copper from prv from any system, copper is supposed to be attacked or can suffer from building movement. Agree with @scott_d with regards the condense pipe.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for responding Chuck, I have booked...
Replies
Views
Thanks. for the response. I'll take a look at...
Replies
Views
S
ALL very helpful. Thanks a lot. I'll let you...
Replies
Views
spantik
S
Back