Rejuvenating an old double basin wash sink | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Rejuvenating an old double basin wash sink in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi guys first post.

I am in the process of rejuvenating a double wash sink.
20230907_151903.JPG

It was needing the waste below looked at for a washing machine and dryer, as it had a sunken elbow and unbeknownst it was a mix of 1 1/4 and 1 1/2, including the sink wastes themselves.

I bought new matching 1 1/2 Belfast wastes and been able to remove the bigger of the two. Unfortunately it appears to have been a bit of a bodge and was packed out with stuff. Some is still sticky, some has set, but both appear to potentially be ACM as there are fibres in the mix.
Even a home made lead washer/seal.

20230912_184319.JPG

20230912_184314.JPG

I am now unsure how to proceed.
I'd guess the hole was 2" and I'm best to remove the excess material.
I see McAlpine have a few different options but don't know what shape may be best. I do need to get back down to 40mm BSP.
I'm also limited with space underneath and was planning to go direct to 90elbow.

So advice please?

Would clean it off and see how it looks you with the 11/2 one but you can get 2” Belfast sink wastes

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi everyone, i need a bit of advice, i live in...
Replies
Views
All three holes created in a different...
Replies
Views
365drills
Wrap PTFE around the thread on the waste...
Replies
Views
Back