Releasing pressure on Ariston 23MFFI combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Releasing pressure on Ariston 23MFFI combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gruber

Hi,

I have the above boiler in my home and the pressure is currently sitting at around 2.5 bar. I realise i need to reduce this and have tried bleeding rads etc but this has made hardly any difference.

Does anyone know if and where there is a pressure release valve as scanning over brochures etc i can't seem to find one?

Cheers

Under the boiler, right side, you'll find a black cap, very similar to a ballpen cap. that is the magnetic activator of the automatic refill. Remove it, then you can release some of the pressure by bleeding on one of the rads. If the pressure decreases in the coming days, or anytime when top up needed just pu the cap back for a minute, check gauge etc. etc.
Anyhow 2.5 bar is not critical, you have also PRV.

Thanks Boreas, but i can't locate the ballpen cap you refer to. Is this behind the bar gauge above the circulation pump?

Awfully sorry, given wrong advice, yours is a 23MFFI, not an 32MFFI
You can release overpressure slowly turning PRV clockwise. You can find it behind the pump, a bit higher.Has a red or black cap on it.

bang a hose on a drain off and drop the pressure this way, i am not a fan of using pressure relief valves as i have done this in the past and have had them not re seat and let by,

thanks a lot, have located it, just need to try and budge it now!!!

do not use the prv on your microgenus to release pressure,you will ruin it as said use a hose pipe on a drain off dissipate the pressure that way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am currently having issues with an...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
wait till cold , then drain/fill to 1bar and...
Replies
Views
Back