Reliable Potterton Suprima boiler gas engineer for SE London area | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Reliable Potterton Suprima boiler gas engineer for SE London area in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wongo

I would like a recommendation for a reliable and reasonable Gas Safe engineer experienced in sorting out Potterton Suprima 60 locking out issues. My boiler is 13 year old and is on a second PCB. It hasn't broken down. It's the hassle that I have to press the Reset button now and then. Sometimes the boiler starts OK with no intervention but sometimes I need to keep pressing the reset button several times or resetting by switching off the mains to start up. I believe my boiler has the old PCB with part no 5102160. I am told a new replacement PCB kit with part no. 5111603 may be the answer rather than a totally new boiler.

A 13 years old non condensing potterton suprima on its second pcb, I personally would start thinking about a replacement to be honest.

could well be the case, if you post your ad in "looking for a plumber" section of the forum im sure so of the members will be available in your area - good luck

The 2nd PCB was fitted after the 1st was out of the 3 years warranty period. So the 2nd PCB is approx. 10 years old. My gas engineer recommended a new Alpha combi boiler.

Go for a new boiler, not an alpha though for your own sake.

Yes, it has been serviced every year. It only started playing up within the last 2 1/2 years. So the 2nd board (installed by the manufacturer's engineer) did give me a good 7 years service. Initially, I had to press the reset button once in a while - now I have to do it almost daily.

Changing a Suprima next week that is working 100% ok. Customer just wants an upgrade.

After 13 years, it has given it's best. That said, in my opinion, these are part of the last generation of what I consider reliable boilers. I know there are Suprima's that will still be chugging away in 10 more years. Modern boilers won't last as long!

Just fitted a new pcb on a suprema 40 last week. Boiler was in good nick and I think it will last another 5-10 years. It was the third pcb it had needed in 10 years. This is its second new type pcb though.

My Plan A was fitting a recon old type PCB and Plan B getting the newest PCB kit with part no. 5111603. Worst case scenario is plan C for a totally new boiler. Reading many of the posts it seems Plan B is the most cost effective if fitted by a competent Gas Safe engineer with experience in sorting out Suprima boilers.

My Plan A was fitting a recon old type PCB and Plan B getting the newest PCB kit with part no. 5111603. Worst case scenario is plan C for a totally new boiler. Reading many of the posts it seems Plan B is the most cost effective if fitted by a competent Gas Safe engineer with experience in sorting out Suprima boilers.

My customer has asked if he can keep the PCB from the boiler when I remove it next week. He want to flog it on eBay! It is the weak link of the chain in a Suprima.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If it’s just the red light flashing, then I’d...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Still got the leak when checked after he left...
Replies
Views
Just for completion, and to have this archived...
Replies
Views
M
Sounds like a failed motorised valve.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi. I have just qualified as a registered gas...
Replies
Views
Back