Remeha Avanta plus 28 kw combi | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Remeha Avanta plus 28 kw combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jase158

Went to a property today to do power flush:

original plumber didn't seal flue, didn't power flush, no magnetic filter, gas below 1mb drop, flue not screwed together, clearance below boiler not within MI's, PRV not fitted to MI's, no commissioning check-list, filling loop left open and custard told to leave on 3 bar, no warranty, no building certificate.

Second plumber came and apparently commissioned it to put it right??? NCS each of the above items "4 NCS's" then fixed it all. Says it needs power flush as no flow. replaces plate hex, replaces PRV and puts a magnaclean 2 on.

Boiler firing up for heating but on hot water after 5 minutes produces E7 Code. E7 code = no water in boiler air lock or pump failure.

I turn up, check the issue, check the pump is working, check the Hex for blockage, all fine, check magnetic filter, fine, check aav's to see if blocked, all fine. Flushed system, little bit dirty but not massively dirty. Fire it all up, still nothing. Custard calls second plumber who said check the filter, checked this and nothing. He then calls back to say check pump. I checked this and guess what.... Nothing. He is adiment that it is blocked even though there is very little sludge in any of the parts I found and I flushed it thoroughly. I also turned pump up but I reckon it is the sensor that tells the motherboard that there is water in it,

So what do you reckon??

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and to top it all off I left my tools there!! grips, adjustables, the lot!!!

If it's had all these problems has it been commissioned properly?

there is a hidden menu within the controls for setting gas type fan speed co values and everything has this been checked?

If it's had all these problems has it been commissioned properly?

there is a hidden menu within the controls for setting gas type fan speed co values and everything has this been checked?

The first one is a big fat NO!!!
The hidden menu was a git to get into but when I finally did, just about managed to sort out the pump speed!!
But I reckon, probably not.
However second plumber said that he had one of these in his house and he knew a lot about them etc!!!!
If only I got a pound for every time I heard that old chestnut!!

Is there a low water pressure switch? Checked that? Made sure there's no sludge blocking it?

I've only ever worked on one. But it wasn't long ago it hadn't been set up correctly an hour later all was well

However after being set at 3 bar it's possible the pressure sensor is caput. Also has it been flushed with chemical and not neutralised in know kamco chemicals are a cow for gassing up if not neutralised or fully removed

You could always buy there recom package I'm sure it's reasonably priced:thinking:

is it not under warrant still, being as avantas only turned up about 4 or 5 years back?

Did one other day, pressure gauge kaput pump seized from being run dry. Why do boilers have such cack interfaces

Have those boilers got a 'SLUG' in them. i'E a pump pressure sensor which firms like vaillant were infamous for? sounds very familiar.

is it not under warrant still, being as avantas only turned up about 4 or 5 years back?

Yes but as not flushed, not right clearances from worktop and the shabby job done on first install, I very much doubt they will cover it!! think they will take 1 look at it and walk away.

they wont even visit, just call heateam and ask for the parts needed, lastime I called I got sent a hex, fan and around 10 burner seals, along with a load of others. just be nice to the operator and know what you need its easy peasy, seems they have no idea that a service pack contains sensors,seals etc but you can also ask for them individually, and they send out a pack of 10 each rather than separate them out singly :)

I know on the duo tec there's a filter in the return iso valve, so could start there. I have changed a heat exchanger on a 18 month old duo tec before after it was very badly installed on a system full of sludge.

"New boiler fitted today" - ok fantastic. "Custard has no hot water again"....... Oh you fitted a neta tech? Thought you were saying you fitted a boiler and it's all gone wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi It seems like i have exatly same problem -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Why don't you find out when the system was...
Replies
Views
  • Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
you’ll probably find the monthly fees are...
Replies
Views
N
Hi,did you fix intermitent L-F ? I have same...
Replies
Views
Mikesin
M
Back