Remeha boiler-error 7..filling loop leaking lots when pressuring | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Remeha boiler-error 7..filling loop leaking lots when pressuring in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steph0603

ive been havin problems with air in my pipes since the Remeha boiler was fitted, and i constant get error 7 mesage on boiler front especially when heatings OFF and i want hot water. Ive looked up the error code and re-pressuring seems the answer but when trying to do this the filling coil leaks & alot, constantly even and the pressure wont build at all ...it is low...no where near the 1.5 bar.
And as even tho i could still get hot water tho not in the right way, i cant run a bath of water without it running cold after 2 minutes now therefore no constant hot water :bomb:
So any ideas :confused5:, i really thought ..great i may be able to do it myself...but maybe not :)

Last edited by a moderator:
How old is boiler ? if still under warranty call out Remeha or installer !!

You don't say where the filling loop is leaking from, if it is at either end, have you tried to tighten the nuts up, if it leaks through the valve spindle you will have to replace the valve. Did the boiler work ok before it was moved? Just check the obvious, the cold feed hasn't been crossed over, under the boards somewhere, it happened to me once another plumber working in the bathroon altered the pipe and sent the feed up the hot pipe.
Also how low is the pressure to your property, could the incoming mains stop tap be stuck partially closed. Check with your neighbours and see if their pressure is still ok.
Nothing will work properly until the boiler can be pressurised.
These are good little boilers, we fitted loads in the past, not had that many go wrong.

Thanks for the message...its leaking from where the filling loop fits the boiler (well i think it is..its right close to the ground so its abit hard to see really) and its the right side of the loop connection thats leaking. I live in a first floor flat and a plumber once told me the pressure would never be that good cos of this (in the taps he was on about tho) Its worked perfect but i have suffered with this problem on and off since installation...personally i think a pipes surely leaking under the boards as u say. And no i aint checked whether its tight enough(on the loop)..i just presumed it was ok cos it had been left attached from last time. Thankfully im a council tenant & there back at work tomo so i hope to see as nice workman tomo afternoon.... just with it being xmas & new year it aint been easy to get the council out, and im a woman wanting to try & fix it myself :) Cheers for the advice tho...i do think the valve ..either the one u mentioned or another needs replacing, and pipes checking cos airs getting into the system somewhere. Its like tubular bells when the heatings on. Oh and...why does the heating still work then & i can get hot water constantly in the kitchen but not in the bathroom ( on same level) cheers

OK let us know what the council engineer says and if they manage to fix it.
Best regards, casaco

No he aint...he got all the air out of the system & got hot water running in bathroom. Auto air vents gone & valve on filling loop but apparently its a job for remeha engineer themselves. Within 5 hours the pressures down to 0 again and no hot water in bathroom GRRRRRrrr. Personally i think the pumps gone..still error 7 message so thats one of other reasons for that. Hopefully Thursday ill have it sorted from Remeha...hope hes got alot of parts on his van...lol

Because you have a sealed system the only way you can lose pressure is through a leak on the radiator pipework, a leak from the boiler or via the pressure relief valve. These boilers do leak from the top of the diverter valve, but you would see the water dripping from the bottom of the boiler. My guess is the pressure vessel needs recharging, what does the pressure go up to with the heating on? See if you can find where the blow off pipe comes out of the building and check for any signs of water dripping from the pipe. The council engineer should have checked this already, it is just basic stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a flexicom.cx that hasn’t been...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
Fits back on flue on top of boiler
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
new p.h. ex. that will be alot cheaper than a...
Replies
Views
Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
Back