Removing a float valve | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Removing a float valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I've been having problems with a fitted toilet and water leaking into the bowl. On inspection I've come to the conclusion that it must be the float valve.

I've managed to remove and check the outlet valve with not much problem and I've also unclipped the float valve from the side of the tank.

I'm struggling to disconnect the float valve from the water supply so that I can fit the new one I ordered however. See picture.

20160901_192750.jpg

Anyone able to advise what magic tool I need?

Thanks
David.

make sure water off at lever. look left 1 inch of blue dot on lever you will see a collet. this needs sqeezing back in towards the lever. It will close that little gap up then you can pull the valve out. Very fiddly but it is doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

What float valve did you purchase from B&Q...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Also I don't think he'll be able to get a bit...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Sorry if I'm teaching grandma to suck eggs...
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
Back