Removing gas service | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Removing gas service in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

WC1

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Never had a call to disconnect customers supply before. Customer will contact supplier to remove the meter, wants us to remove boiler and rads.
How should it be left - meter outlet capped, tt and purge meter, leave ecv switched off but meter connected - in a way makes sense as you can purge and tt the installation (which is just the meter at that point.)
Would it be simpler just to cap the anaconda or even remove the anaconda and cap the ecv - can't tt but it leaves the least amount of gas in the system.
Either way makes sense and seems safe but can't see any official guidance anywhere.
What would you do?
Thanks

Attachments

• 20201204_123931.jpg
    20201204_123931.jpg
    645 KB · Views: 12
Never done one before, but I’d say you would need to blank both ends of the pipe downstream, or is it all being removed? Not sure why you’d need to purge the meter, if it’s not being used. Cap ECV, meter inlet or meter outlet with blanking disc. TT - again would this be required for decommissioning?

The pipework downstream will stay as it's all buried in the building. But it won't be used again so no need to leave live pipework in the place. If the meter is left connected to the supply the surely it should be purged and tt?
Anyone know what the "correct" procedure is?

cap ecv also remove elbow and cap/plug off also label as such if you have the plastic type that cadet use do those also.

but supplier would be easier they would remove meter and cap off

Thanks guys. Capping ecv - is it bsp or the other thread on the outlet?( Bs746 as in meter outlet. )
Supplier says weeks to wait before they'll be out.

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
Yes, for 20p it'll save the mess and you can...
Replies
Views
cheers lads will do.
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
Yeah sorry, crappy powerpoint skills rather...
Replies
Views
Back