Removing Pillar Tap and faucet | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Removing Pillar Tap and faucet in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

V

Vixulation

Hi all,

I'm completely inexperienced at this, but my kitchen taps are ancient, and the water has started dripping. Rather than just change the washer, I want to change the entire thing to a mixer tap that supports two holes. I think I've figured most of it out except for the part where I actually remove the old faucet. Most websites show them held in place with a mounting nut which mine doesn't have.

I'm not sure, but does it look like a basin wrench would be the tool to remove mine? Unfortunately, it's hard to get a proper view. I've had to rely on using my phone's camera to get a good look.

Pics here: TAP - https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhjuQhi1en-LhbArNk82JdWLRRQukQ?e=zpIPmh

Hello,

I’m not sure what you mean by mounting nut, unless you mean a different type of tap? Yours is held in by means of a backnut, usually an anti-rotation washer and sometimes a top hat (which you don’t have, might have been substituted with the timber?). Yes a basin wrench should fit, but they’re several types, a spring loaded type and a crow foot being another, either should works for what you have.

Similar plumbing topics

D
  • Question
I'm putting in a utility sink, in a limited...
Replies
Views
DotBean
D
  • Question
Firstly, I love seeing the world through other...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would tend to agree with snowhead the...
Replies
Views
E
OK, Got the tap off by removing the water...
Replies
Views
eisenhorn
E
Back