Removing shower faucet | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Removing shower faucet in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, just hoping I can get a few pointers on ways that I can remove this shower faucet. As water from the shower is coming out cold so got a feeling it needs a new thermostatic cartridge.

20170107_122110(1).jpg
should've taken a picture with how far I managed to disassemble it (I know!), however, managed to do the following.

Took the handle off the front, this revealed a valve in the body, couldn't go any further with that.
Took the back plate off, didn't really reveal anything apart from fixing within the wall.
The 3 discs coming out from the plate towards the handle do the following. The one closest to the wall revolves but can't seem to remove it. The next one along just turns it on and off, and can only turn through about 235 degrees. The front one has a small button like thing that I can push in, but doesn't seem to do anything, when I took the front handle off I could see a bit of metal all the way around the inside of ring and pressing the button seems to push this in, but doesn't seem to do anything! The front one doesn't revolve either it's worth mentioning.

20170107_122106.jpg

Can't find any grub screws or anything else to try to gain entry and I'm worried if I force one of the discs it'll break! Any idea how I can get to the thermostatic cartridge in this shower would be greatly appreciated!

Get Showerdoc.com to maybe identify your shower - very helpful. They may then be able to provide you with the necessary instructions to remove your cartridge not mention of course supplying a new one. Prefer image of shower and cartridge in order to recommend replacement but maybe able to identify just with image of shower. Approximate age of shower also useful.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Is there a stop that prevents the spindle...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
I'm replacing the shower cartridge on my...
Replies
Views
AlexTTT
A
  • Question
Thanks Shaun. Really appreciate you taking...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Final update - shower panel refitted and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My shower temperature control isn’t working...
Replies
Views
Back