Removing shower waste plug clamped to shower tray base | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Removing shower waste plug clamped to shower tray base in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi
The aluminium plastic cover keeps coming off as one of the plastic plugs on the shower base has snapped off. I would like to remove the base which is clamped onto the shower tray.
Please see photo. Does anyone know how I can get it off, I presume it unscrews anti clockwise
but I don't see anything to grip, other than the top which I think will break the plastic pegs.

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6876.JPG
    IMG_6876.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 57
It wont twist off, it will be those 2 screws that pull it all together and make the seal, like the wirquin vortex shower wastes

Upvote 0
If you havn't got access underneath the tray then be careful as when you take those two screws out theres a good chance the trap part underneath will drop down from its own weight.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Not designed for the trap upto you in the end...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'll plunge it, put a bit of cleaner down it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Why does it matter if you’ve now removed it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks Timmy. That does seem to be the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Possibly Mcalpine ST90CP10-70 if the top looks...
Replies
Views
Back