Removing thermostatic cartridge with over ride | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Removing thermostatic cartridge with over ride in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carter69

I am looking to remove thermostatic cartridge as think either clogged up with limescale or other debris as it only gets lukewarm now and never hot enough to use.

How do I remove the red button over ride so I can slip off the back plate to do the maintenance?

There are no markings to show manufacturer.

Thanks

photo (8).jpg

I assume you can't push it in as you slide the back plate passed it then? Therefore the handles will be removable and by the looks of it they are just pushed on needing some careful brute force to remove by pulling

Thanks, been trying that, but the red over ride switch always sticks out by a few mm and impossible to remove handles to access cartridge.

Is there a certain position it should be set to to enable pushing the over ride button in all the way to remove handle?

Sorted over the weekend, the over ride was part of the silver collar. Needed some gentle coaxing with screwdriver to lever off.

Now the latest problem is the 2 screws to stop the water flow are completely jammed and seems someone previously has had a go and the heads are chewed up, no amount of WD40 has eased them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Are you Gas Safe Registered? If not please...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, assuming you are confident/competent to...
Replies
Views
Hello Riley S. Mod! You're welcome :)
Replies
Views
  • Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
It is expensive, but extremely good and high...
Replies
Views
Old Account
O
Back