Removing top fixing well nut - Toilet Pan | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Removing top fixing well nut - Toilet Pan in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm having difficulty in removing the top fixing well nut that's currently in the 'black hole' of the toilet pan. (I need to fix new ones. I can't seem to remove it with a screwdriver or drill and the bolt just spins. Being top fixing I can only get access to it this way so any suggestions as to how I may remove it as I'm going round in circles!

Many Thanks

Toilet seat fixing?

Is it plastic? If so heat up a screwdriver and melt it out.

Hi Michael I think you may have the rubber expansion type of fixing the screw is proberbly corroded to the captive nut in the rubber sleeve you need to cut through the screw and let the part inside the pan fixing hole drop inside ...but make sure you have a replacement available
before you start..best of luck regards Turnpin:smile5:

Hi Michael I think you may have the rubber expansion type of fixing the screw is proberbly corroded to the captive nut in the rubber sleeve you need to cut through the screw and let the part inside the pan fixing hole drop inside ...but make sure you have a replacement available
before you start..best of luck regards Turnpin:smile5:

Thanks for your help with this. I'm trying to upload a picture but can't. Not sure how to insert a pic from a URL. Is there any other way of doing this?

I did manage to screw the other one out but this one just won't come out.

You need to increase your post count to 10+ ....regards Turnpin:smile5:

you need to pull it up as far as posible and cut the head of if its dropped into the hole you'll need to glue something to it to lift it up again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That's brilliant mate, thank you. I didn't see...
Replies
Views
Hve you tried pulling the large chrome part...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Thank you - very helpful! The old WC is long...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
Back