Removing water meter | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Removing water meter in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I presume you're allowed to remove it just to muck around with pipework either side i.e. putting a new stopcock above an old one etc and then put it back? Not doing anything to it or changing it's position or attempting to pipe it in a way that allow bypassing. I mean when it's inside a customer's home, like in cupboard etc..

Well I've done it a few times, but twice (once years ago and once the other day) on putting it back the pressure dropped to near zero. One removed, pressure fine. I don't want to muck around with the meter because I presume I'm not allowed. Guess it's a blocked filter inside?

What would/do you do in that circumstance?

unofficially i usually take them out, play around with it, all sorts, took one out for about 4 months whilst it was being done up!!! if you shake them the numbers can move!!!

Officially though you need water regs and to be registered with water board to touch them!!!

Similar plumbing topics

Yes, for 20p it'll save the mess and you can...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I figured I should let you guys know in case...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So, to close this thread the solution I found...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just remember to remove the blank from the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am just catching up on some threads...
Replies
Views
Back