Repair to Ferroli Boiler BD18 Area | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Repair to Ferroli Boiler BD18 Area in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

burt32

I have Ferroli Optimax 18s which has a failed return sensor and water seal leak (which has probably caused the sensor to fail) in the pipe from the pump outlet to the heat exchanger.

Live in BD18 area, appears all who I have rang don't wan to touch Ferroli

Many thanks

I have Ferroli Optimax 18s which has a failed return sensor and water seal leak (which has probably caused the sensor to fail) in the pipe from the pump outlet to the heat exchanger.

Live in BD18 area, appears all who I have rang don't wan to touch Ferroli

Many thanks
Parts expensive and sometimes hard to get.Customer service terrible.Will give you a ring soon and see what I can do.Things hectic at moment,been working today.Rob

Hi Burt,

Are you still looking for an engineer to fix your boiler?

ive got a vokera compaxt he thats got solid red light.. i cant afford to be ripped off with xmas an that..

the problem im getting is when i call for hw or ch the boiler igbites for 5secs, goes off then reflames an off off agen 5 secs later.

i have kept turning power on an off to see if this helps but just the same solid red light after start up.

i honestly need help and am looking for someone local to BD18 2JB as i have very little money and am hhoping there are some honest neighbours that can can help me.

thanks please xx

ive got a vokera compaxt he thats got solid red light.. i cant afford to be ripped off with xmas an that..

the problem im getting is when i call for hw or ch the boiler igbites for 5secs, goes off then reflames an off off agen 5 secs later.

i have kept turning power on an off to see if this helps but just the same solid red light after start up.

i honestly need help and am looking for someone local to BD18 2JB as i have very little money and am hhoping there are some honest neighbours that can can help me.

thanks please xx
Matt,I have sent you a PM with tel. Nos.I am NOT CHEAP,but I AM FAIR!!!!! Cheers,Rob

Matt,I have sent you a PM with tel. Nos.I am NOT CHEAP,but I AM FAIR!!!!! Cheers,Rob

Why would you bother? This is the second time this guy has said he's anticipating being RIPPED OFF. Clearly we're all out to get rich at everyone else's expense.

Labour charges on boiler repairs are generally low in my opinion. Parts CAN get expensive but that's beyond our control. People don't blink at spending £40 down the pub, but £40 on having working boiler is suddenly extortion.

TBS ,I totally agree with your post.I am run off my feet,This is my first full year as Gas Safe qualified.It is my first year of boiler repairs.I am enjoying the challenge but I am with you re-charges and will adjust mine.As a one man band you can only get to so many, so may as well get a decent rate.For some one to have the skills to get heating/hot water back on has to be of value.Fell soft with this job and I am going to a job nearby tomorrow night.My PM makes very clear that all time including diagnosing the problem has to be paid for.I think programmes like Rogue Traders frighten people into fearing being ripped off and there are some charging eye watering rates at this time of year which has made me think about upping mine a reasonable amount.e.g 4 at £60 produces the same as 6 at £40 with much less hassle.Hey ho off to the next I go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I don’t know your boiler but would expect it...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Then yes running 24/7 and no control don’t...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just looking for some advice if...
Replies
Views
Sounds like he was in too deep. At least he...
Replies
Views
Back