Repairing washing machines | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Repairing washing machines in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
anyone do this type of work ? have had a few queries about it usually pass it on to my neighbour as he repairs them

Glad I'm not the only one who gets these type of calls. Never got me head round why as a plumber I'm expected to repair washing machines. Do they ring the washing machine repair man to fit a bathroom?
How many times have you installed a washing machine and the custard asks "How does it work?"
My reply "No idea love, don't know how the one works in my house"

Yes I do. Once you know your way around them they are actually often relatively simple to repair (though you need to order parts as you need them). If you're not sure there are loads of how to videos on the net.

Yes I do. Once you know your way around them they are actually often relatively simple to repair (though you need to order parts as you need them). If you're not sure there are loads of how to videos on the net.

Must admit I did repair our dish washer with the video from e-spares;)

i repaired our dryer with a element from e spares after our potterton performa urinated on it,bugger repairing washing machines though i pass it on

Hi guys

I do get a few calls to repair washing machines and i do go to them as its easy work most time its silly the washer wont drain 5 mins there job sorted £45 thank you very much.

Was on Rated People and got a lot of enquiries about this. Some people think that just because it has water running through it, that it's a plumbers job to fix it.
Me, I do what I know and do best.

i dont repair them, wouldn't know where to start really. i saw a haynes manual on ebay the other day but i think that would look a bit unprofessional to me.

Can't say I've ever been offered the work

Get asked to look at alot of other stuff thou

Sometimes they are easy, sometimes they are the worst, waste of time job.
I have worked on a few, mainly as favours, & as long as the fault was obvious, then only bother was getting parts. Replacing motor brushes, drain pump, fill valves or drum bearings usually easy. It's a job in it's self though. Shouldn't be much profit in it, as a new machine can be under £200, so hardly worth paying much on an old one.
Better to pass it on to an experienced w.m. guy, if you know one that isn't a crook.

I get calls to fix washing machines so I asked my butcher if a plumber should be doing this work, he referred me to the greengrocer and after a meeting with him and the barber we decided that these enquiries should be passed on to the dry-cleaner.

If my work was so stacked out I probably wouldn't bother working on them. However when times are hard and work is short, any extra work is gratefully received.

If you are of a technical disposition and if you are capable of working your way round a boiler then you are equally capable of learning how to fix washing machines. Also, round here, washing machine repair rates are better than plumbing rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Anyone know of a repair service for Axpert...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Mike, this is where our washing machine is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you go and put your hose in the top like...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hey, forum friends! 👋 Excited to introduce...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
To be fair some places in London have an...
Replies
Views
Back