Replace 2 meters with 1 | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Replace 2 meters with 1 in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Back in the eons of time, we used to have a massive gas boiler (feeding the house via about 2 inch steel pipes). This was fed by a large commercial meter (G16 ?). About 15 years ago, we replaced the boiler with 3 x 30kW Combination boilers and split the supply in to two G4 meters.
The reason for the meter change was the difficulty in finding commercial rated gas engineers who wanted domestic work.

With the increase in tariffs, I'd save about £100 a year if I recombined the meters in to one.
Couple of questions.

1. If I decided to do this, would I still have problems finding Gas engineers ?
2. Will I be able to get a large capacity smart meter or are they just domestic G4 size ?
3. Who would do the meter swap ? Both meters currently are billed from different suppliers (BG & Shell)

Am I mad even thinking about doing this ?

Have you tried either supplier to see if they will amalgamate the useage / readings from both meters into 1 account / bill?
Have you got 2 Smart meters?

Similar plumbing topics

Many thanks bacon_sandwich.
Replies
Views
More than fine then in 11/5 tube should be...
Replies
Views
Storm in a tea cup. You wont get anywhere, as...
Replies
Views
On the basis that one opinion is good but two...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
Back