Replace ancient Honeywell mechanical thermostat with a Honeywell T3R | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Replace ancient Honeywell mechanical thermostat with a Honeywell T3R in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I would like to replace my ancient Honeywell mechanical thermostat with a Honeywell T3R PROGRAMMABLE THERMOSTAT

I have three wires in the old thermostat. Please see the first three photos.

1 Red
3 Yellow
2 Blue

are these

1 Live
3 Live return (Switched)
2 Neutral

Could I configure it as in the combi boiler option with a separate power supply and connect Red to A and Yellow to B as the Red wire is not always live and Blue terminated/Isolated (Not used)

or

Option 1 and leave the controller, which is a Seimens RWB29 heating on constant and control it from the T3R

Red to L and L linked to A
Yellow to B
Blue terminated/Isolated (Not used)

Many thanks for your time

Attachments

• Old Thermostat Diagram.PNG
    Old Thermostat Diagram.PNG
    940.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 20221213_215143.jpg
    20221213_215143.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 20221213_215231.jpg
    20221213_215231.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 27
  • New Thermostat.PNG
    New Thermostat.PNG
    88.7 KB · Views: 34
You'd find the thermostat wires (prob in airing cbd) and terminate/link out red and yellow.
Either fit relay inplace of existing timer or terminate those wires in airing cbd and fit relay there.
Patch old holes in walls and fit new thermostat in livingroom

Similar plumbing topics

I’m guessing red live that goes to com Yellow...
Replies
Views
Sounds more like the heating zone valve isn’t...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Many thanks. followed your advice and works...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back