Replace bath & shower mixer tap diverter | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Replace bath & shower mixer tap diverter in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Anyone know how I get to the diverter valve in this? Cant see any obvious way to get the handle off that diverts between bath and shower. When on shower mode the tap is pouring out water at the same time. We've got a full bathroom refurb booked in for in 3 weeks so just need a temporary fix to get us by.

IMG_1524.JPGIMG_1525.JPG

Thanks

undo the hex nut infront of the handle ?

Upvote 0
Doh, that looked like a show nut. Took the diverter out which was basically a bit of metal that moves some big white plastic thing up and down in the tap so there must be something wrong with the plastic bit but I can't get to that to see.

No one knows any quick bodge fixes that will tide us over for the next three weeks do they?

Upvote 0
Have you tried just replacing any o rings and lubing it up ?

Upvote 0
Couldn't see any O rings, just this white plastic bit behind the diverter head. I'm guessing you must be able to take the top bit of the tap off that doubles as a shower head holder to see the plastic bit inside but felt very solid when I tried to turn it

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Recycle it and have a nice new one instead:)
Replies
Views
  • Question
Installing a P-shaped shower bath in a small...
Replies
Views
K
  • Question
This situation should be that the valve core...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi This relates to an earlier thread I have...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't see your comments?
Replies
Views
Back