Replace Kitchen Tap with fix copper pipes with one with flexible pipes | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Replace Kitchen Tap with fix copper pipes with one with flexible pipes in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Good evening,

In my kitchen I have got a tap with fixed copper tube that they fit in a plastic but in grey ( see picture1). Can I fit in the grey pipes this tap with flexible pipes? Is there an adaptor between them? What is the name of it? (Picture 2)

Thanks

Attachments

• PHOTO_20200107_205643.jpg
    PHOTO_20200107_205643.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 42
  • PHOTO_20200107_205655.jpg
    PHOTO_20200107_205655.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 35
You will need a small piece of 15mm copper to go where you take the old tap out from on the grey plastic and then a nut and olive for the flexible pipes. Then you will be able to connect. If you are unsure get a plumber, its a very quick job.

Flexible connecting hoses are a retrograde step. NHS England has de listed these fittings as the inner core is rubber, the rubber over time becomes porous and has been found to harbour nasty bacteria.
We fit copper or quality stainless steel flexible connectors, no more braided rubber cored flexis
centralheatking

Similar plumbing topics

• Solved
Thanks for the comments fowlerboi. Like you I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
just screw the flex in to the base by hand do...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi. Do you mean the Flomasta one I linked to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Why is it outside? It will freeze and the...
Replies
Views
Back