Replace myson controller Brit gas say £6k+ | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Replace myson controller Brit gas say £6k+ in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

My mother has a 40 year old heating and hot water system. Tanks in the loft. 7 year old heat only Worcester boiler.
In a large airing cupboard is the imaged setup (strange to me) pump and myson controller. I can plainly see the controller diverts hot water to the tank.
Each time BG service the system they say, if this pump/controller fails you need a whole new system starting at £6k.
In my amateur view... Couldn't a three way diverter replace it? With appropriate wiring modifications of course.
Advice appreciated.
IMG_20220111_170630.jpg
IMG_20220111_170711.jpg
IMG_20220111_170618.jpg

It’s not something I’m famil with, nor have seen, but looking at it logically, I can see no reason why you couldn’t fit a 3 port mid position valv, altering wiring if necessary. BG are notorious for selling.

Old pump plan as above s plan it and fit a single pump

They tend to be fitted on one pipe systems etc

Similar plumbing topics

Still being called spammy by the forum filters...
Replies
Views
Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
I suppose the other question I forgot to ask...
Replies
Views
Back