Replacement boiler in own house | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Replacement boiler in own house in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

midge

I'm Gas Safe registered, and I have had many years of completing successful boiler installations, although my ACS boiler ticket expired last year as these days I only do contract meter and pipework.

I need to replace my own boiler soon, its a vintage wall mounted B/F Ideal Standard and I'm having some building work done. It seems daft to renew my boiler ticket just for this.

I have no problem in replacing it myself with a condensing system but A) would it technically be illegal? and B) I presume I couldn't get it registered for the guarantee?

Any thoughts please.

Your thoughts are right without that ticket it's classed as ilegal do you have anyone who has that ticket to just fit boiler as you can fit everything else

TBH it is all about risk management and competence, ok yes you need current ticket to do it, there is the ongoing talk of DIY doing gas work, but the bottom line is who will know IF you do a good job, there will only be a prob IF there is a prob with your work, 100% of employee gas engineers will do the exact same as you although if i did it with current tickets and got caught i would argue i had competence, IF something went wrong i would have proved myself incompetent so it is your choice
if you are careful, competant and know the CURRENT regs then what will go wrong, some manufactures will warrenty whoever fitted it

the law deems you to be incompetent without a current ticket, no arguing about it, the rest is up to you especially if you want a warranty or want to sell in the near future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

there are many facters to look at what is...
Replies
Views
A
I looked up the faults out of curiosity as I...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
That's what I was hoping, looks like a good...
Replies
Views
What I mean is that because everything works...
Replies
Views
Back