Replacement Boiler/System | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Replacement Boiler/System in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamie Banks

I have an old potterton netaheat convential boiler and am seeing what are the views of the experts with regards to a replacement.

Potterton boiler and also system is on 8/10mm microbore which i will replace with 15mm straight through

Been having a look at condensor/combi with a sedbuk rating of A, what are you guys views to best out there: valliant,worcester, potterton etc

Questions:
Most efficient/cost effective
Best for customer services ie breakdowns etc
Easiest to use/maintain
Cheaper boilers on market
Marks out 10 for all issues

Please give me your views

fisrtly a PROPER power flush will be needed as required in most manufacturers instructions (and building regs i believe). unless you are having flow problems on your heating i would not bother having the pipework replaced as micro bore is fine as long as it is not blocked.
as for boilers,

worcester bosch
viessman
are probably 2 of the best makes around.

cheaper makes would be
ideal
potterton/baxi
remeha

its all a question of how much you have to spend.

microbore can be little bit of a pain to powerflush and you don't know what state the manifolds are in I would personally replace it.

just because remeha are cheaper, dont mean anything. there only just coming into domestic market and are making a point. their commercial boilers are unbeatable in every way.
their domestic boilers are the best on the market for me. and to compare them with ideal? whats that about. no comparisson at all

Last edited by a moderator:
Viessman, 5 year garentee if fitted by a Viessman trained installer, cheaper than a WB or Vaillant, back up is great the 5yr garentee is no quible they wont take a sample from the heating and tell you its too dirty and thier not fixing it, (they wont however return to fix it a second time if its the same problem caused by poor installation).
The latest models are bullit proof,come with weather compensation for an extra £35 (standard on some models).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There must be many installations that are in...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
If you are thinking about installing pv panels...
Replies
Views
C
You could prob have two circuits joined by a...
Replies
Views
Back