Replacement for Powermax HE (2006 vintage) | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Replacement for Powermax HE (2006 vintage) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 110492

Dear all. I am receiving quotes to replace a Powermax HE boiler with a combi type in a third floor flat. However they all include costs of replacing the flue & terminal (~£2k) which clearly is prohibitive. The flues and reducer below the terminal are accessible inside the loft space. Please explain why the terminal cannot be reused with a replacement or bespoke adapter and flue for the new boiler. This problem can't be unique in top floor flats, so what's the normal workaround please? I live in the Oxford area.

Because when you change a boiler you have to change the complete flue. The normal work around is scaffolding to outside and to replace the whole flue.

Thank you. However I am looking for a more creative workround to this installation.

Thank you. However I am looking for a more creative workround to this installation.

Nope you can’t also wouldn’t be safe and legal

Also the seals in the flue system are getting to there end of life

Thread closed

As above what you are proposing is modification of a gas appliance. Big no no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
B
Balls to the free upgrade more like me fitting...
Replies
Views
Ermintrude
E
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
C
just a note be warned the iso valves might...
Replies
Views
Back