replacement of flue on warmflow oil boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss replacement of flue on warmflow oil boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jscter

Hi all,

I have a 1996 standard warmflow boiler with a Riello burner this is installed in the garage with a flue that goes up through the ceiling /roof. What i would like to do is replace this flue with a flue that goes directly out through the cavity wall (eg. from the top of the boiler > 90 deg bend then horizontal through the wall) to some termminal and a guard.

Can anyone suggest a suitalble flue etc.

thanks in advance.

jscter

If you fit a balanced flue you need to make sure the Riello burner is capable of connecting to the air hose from air intake from flue. The RDB Riello burners can be adapted for this.

Check the M.I. as some boiler models are not supposed to have low level flues fitted, I can't speak for Warmflow but I know one the old Firebird models of similar vintage does not allow low level flue.

Warmflow are ok with LL flues.... but watch your distances!

Flue.jpg

Terminal Position Min Distance in mm

A Below gutters, soil pipes or drain pipes 1,000
B From a door, window or air vent 600
C Above ground, flat roof or balcony level 600
D Below eaves or balconies 1,000
E From an internal or external corner 600
F From a terminal facing the terminal 600
G From a surface facing the terminal 600
H Vertically from a terminal on the same wall 1,500
I Horizontally from the terminal on the same wall 600
J Directly below an opening, air brick, window, etc. 600
K From a vertical drain pipe or soil pipe 1,000
L From a vertical structure on the side of the terminal 750

Last edited by a moderator:
... Just one to add to Croppies list,

1800 mm (6 feet) from an oil tank.

You can go closer by building a firewall between the flue and the tank, or closer to a drain pipe or soil pipe or combustible material if the pipe or material has a heat shield fitted over it but as always consult the OFTEC bible for the exact specifications and permitted distances.

Basically to answer your question you need to speak to Warmflow for a definitive answer. Remember also that any flue alterations etc are subject to Building Control and must be undertaken by an OFTEC registered installer.

On the other hand, your boiler is getting quite old so you may consider changing it for a newer and more efficient model rather than spending money altering the flue.

Last edited:
I don't half get an itchy head when I look at that diagram ...

... Just one to add to Croppies list,

1800 mm (6 feet) from an oil tank.

Unlike my local pub, who boiler flue terminates directly in front of his steel oil tank, so close that the tank is blackened..........!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
It sounds like a misinterpretation of...
Replies
Views
Yes your oil guy needs to change the flue. No...
Replies
Views
When replacing an old Certikin 180 oil pool...
Replies
Views
Back