Replacement TRV Head | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Replacement TRV Head in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Searcher2

I took my broken TRV head into my local plumbers hoping to get a replacement one. They said they couldn't get me one. I would think I could buy one on the net but can someone identify this head so I know what to look for please?

Attachments

• IMG_20160629_085620235.jpg
    IMG_20160629_085620235.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20160424_170624745.jpg
    IMG_20160424_170624745.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20160629_085607682.jpg
    IMG_20160629_085607682.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 43
Not necessarily,Plumbase do a trv head that has a big nut thread like that. Not saying it will fit but it might be worth a try

looks like a bg branded drayton valve,however i agree with alex,rust evident so gland may be leaking,new trv time

looks like a bg branded drayton valve,however i agree with alex,rust evident so gland may be leaking,new trv time

Yup, Drayton RT212 with different badge on it! Def knackered seal.

However, if it was on BG contract the line managed would probably ask the eng to use a service kit due to cost rather than replace whole valve...........

For what they cost you would Proberly pay more for the head + its been leaking just replace the complete valve, if you are going to do this your self I would be looking at the rest of the valves on the system, Drain system and replace all the ones that look worn, but depending on age of system may be a good idea to replace them all anyway.

Agreed. Replace valve. Will be chapter in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Drayton rt212 should fit
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
No Picture added ???
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yep spot on
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
No photo shown. It is usual to apply ptfe tape...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My shower temperature control isn’t working...
Replies
Views
Back