Replacing a new boiler but using the same flue hole.. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Replacing a new boiler but using the same flue hole.. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
PHOTO-2019-04-07-18-18-52.jpg
hi guys,
I'll be doing a boiler replacement with a glow worm betcom4 but customer insists I use the same hole..
I've looked at the manual for the terminal positioning and the only way round would be having the terminal extending passed the soffit and guttering with a flue clip. Opposite ge flue there is no buildings or any openings.

Appreciate your thoughts

All good, a baxi and vaillant also allow this. Just needs to be 25mm so as long as it's not touching the soffit or guttering then you are fine

Worcester are ok

And yes Scott baxi dont allow white / flue on show

Might be an old rule but I've just fit one and the instructions said it was allowed to extend past the eaves/carports etc when necessary
Looks like I'm wrong, just checked. I was confusing the 25mm measurement from eaves with the same as vaillants etc. But it does appear you can install the flue 25mm away from eaves so long as no other measurement falls outside the minimum specs.

Similar plumbing topics

It's not easy, house is also a HMO so makes...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Hi appreciate and thanks to all that replied...
Replies
Views
The condensate pipe might be sharing the drain...
Replies
Views
Billy Boiler
B
Nope you can’t keep the flue, as the flue...
Replies
Views
Back