Replacing an old shower install | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Replacing an old shower install in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi
Sorry for use of simple terms. Just explaining what I can see. Have attached a picture.We have opened a boxed in old shower fitting but this looks very different to what I have seen before. I am used to seeing one pipe to fit a new shower but this has two pipes. Would this mean knocking into walls and plastering etc to renew pipes? I Would really appreciate general advice / understanding before looking for quotes please. Thanks in advance for any explanation .

Attachments

• B7A9FFAC-91D5-4EBC-8536-D3307C320239.jpeg
    B7A9FFAC-91D5-4EBC-8536-D3307C320239.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 40
I think that was used for a power shower

If your thinking electrical that cable (existing) won’t be big enough so will need to be replaced

Upvote 0
I think that was used for a power shower

If your thinking electrical that cable (existing) won’t be big enough so will need to be replaced
Thank you for responding. Reassuring that you are not shocked at the fitting ( wasn’t sure if I should be worried). Could This be replaced with a power shower without knocking into walls? Thank you

Upvote 0
Depends where the pipes are any chance of a picture further back ? Eg the whole wall ?

Upvote 0
Depends where the pipes are any chance of a picture further back ? Eg the whole wall ?
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. It appears I can’t replace a power shower as I don’t have a tank, just a combi boiler so looks like a big job for an electric shower replacement . Very grateful for your response , thank you.

Upvote 0
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. It appears I can’t replace a power shower as I don’t have a tank, just a combi boiler so looks like a big job for an electric shower replacement . Very grateful for your response , thank you.

If the pipes are still live and connected to the system you could go with a bar mixer

If you don’t mind surface pipework

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Many thanks Timmy. That does seem to be the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All. My Aqualisa Aquavalve enclosed mixer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Correct aslong as you can tape the other hose...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not worth finding parts Bristan zing cheap...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No, don’t just fix into tiles. Drill 6mm hole...
Replies
Views
Back