Replacing bath/tap....Hot water stopcock | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Replacing bath/tap....Hot water stopcock in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,

I am trying to turn off the taps to the bath as i want to replace bath and tap, i have isolation valve's for both hot and cold (see picture 5)....the cold water isolation valve works great, the hot water one does not fully stop the hot water coming from the tap.

So it looks like the only option is for me to turn off the hot water going too the bath but for the hell of me i cannot locate it.

I have looked under the kitchen sink and cannot find any stop cocks (i think that is what they call them).....which leaves me with just one more room, the boiler room.

I have attached some pictures (1 too 4) for you's to look at to see if you can guide me in some way.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best

Jay

1-min.JPG

2-min.JPG

3-min.JPG

4-min.JPG

5-min.JPG

One other thing. When you turn it back on, turn it all the way open till it stops turning then turn it BACK one complete turn. This minimises the chance of it calcifying in the fully open position as there is a bigger gap.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
  • Question
take iso valves off and fit 1/2 inch x 22mm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
which must be protected by a RCD new circuit...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just screwdrivers. Although it’s wise to back...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage...
Replies
Views
Back